Academic Skills Writing Contest
What does comfort mean to you? Share your creative response for a chance to win.
January 18–February 12, 2021
Comfort comes in many shapes, sizes and situations. A warm blanket and a hot beverage. A good movie and a tasty snack. Time spent with friends and loved ones. For some, all the clichés about comfort hit home. For others, comfort may mean something entirely different.
This year for the Academic Skills Writing Contest, we want to know what comfort means to you in 2–200 words.
How to enter
- Contest start date: January 18
- Last day for submissions: February 12
- Compose a creative piece of poetry, prose or any type of written content that addresses the theme of comfort in 2–200 words.
- Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “2021 Writing Contest.” Remember to include your full name in the submission email.
- All submissions will be evaluated based on creativity, writing style, language and mechanics.
- Winners will be announced at the end of February.
Win a Campus Store gift card worth up to $150!
With a Campus Store gift card, winners will get to save on their textbooks and class materials or some comfy Mac apparel.
- First prize: $150
- Second prize: $100
- Third prize: $50
2021 winning submissions
Asking for help early is key to success in university. Regardless of learning ability, all students should take advantage of...
In university, successful students plan for success. They find support early, manage their time using schedules and tools, study actively,...
This written piece was a winning submission (first place) for the 2021 Academic Skills Writing Contest. The 2021 theme was "comfort."
This written piece was a winning submission (second place) for the 2021 Academic Skills Writing Contest. The 2021 theme was "comfort."
This written piece was a winning submission (third place) for the 2021 Academic Skills Writing Contest. The 2021 theme was "comfort."