Connect to Careers Job Fair (March 3)
Connect with employers. Discover opportunities. Get hired.
March 3, 2021, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (drop-in event)
Job searching during a pandemic can be tough. Come to Connect to Careers Job Fair to meet employers who are ready to hire you and discover exciting part-time and full-time positions that fit your interests. Plus, you’ll get to share your resume and experiences with hiring managers through one-on-one chats.
Connect to Careers Job Fair is sponsored in partnership by McMaster University; Mohawk College; Redeemer University; Workforce Planning Hamilton; and Economic Development, City of Hamilton.
- Did you know that 85% of jobs are filled through networking? At Connect to Careers, you’ll make connections with potential employers and explore your options.
- You’ll discover exciting opportunities — from summer, part-time and full-time positions to internships and co-ops — by visiting different employer booths on the virtual fair platform.
- You’ll learn about job requirements, industry trends and industry growth. This information will help you prepare for interviews and write applications that will impress employers.
- Apply for jobs! You can even ask the representatives about the hiring process and the skills they want in an ideal candidate.
- Set yourself apart from other job seekers by sharing your resume and experience through one-on-one chats in a comfortable virtual environment.
- Drop in and participate any time between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Understanding Your Pay Check (9:00 a.m.)
- Accessing Global Talent: Work Permit Programs and Hiring International Students (10:00 a.m.)
- Invest in Hamilton (11:00 a.m.)
- Employment Opportunities in Hamilton (12:00 p.m.)
- Equity and Inclusion in the Workforce (1:00 p.m.)
- On-demand videos: How to Take LinkedIn Photos with Your Smartphone, Transform Your Resume with Word
Note: No separate registration is necessary to attend these sessions. Simply go to the auditorium in the virtual platform at the time of the session you want to attend. Remember, the fair will take place on the Connect to Careers virtual platform on March 3.
To help you get prepared, we recommend
Visit the Connect to Careers website for the most up-to-date list of participating employers.
Notice for global opportunities
To limit the spread of COVID-19, the Government of Canada is advising that you avoid all non-essential travel outside of Canada until further notice. Given McMaster’s current position on international travel, we recommend that you focus only on local job opportunities. To learn about alternative ways to gain global experience, contact Francesca Hernandez Weinerth, SSC global experience coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out these resources
- Prepare for Success at Connect to Careers (webinar recording)
- Job Search (web page)
- Career Planning Notebook (PDF)
- Resume Tips (PDF)
- Digital Skills Series: Transform Your Resume with Word (video)
- Top 10 LinkedIn Tips (PDF)
- A New Path to Employment for Neurodiverse Students: Specialisterne Canada (video)
It's common for job fair attendees to leave the fair thinking that the employer will follow up with them. However,...
For Dana, a fourth-year Social Science (Political Science) student at McMaster, attending Connect to Careers Job Fair in 2020 helped...
Connect to Careers Job Fair is happening March 5 at FirstOntario Centre, where job seekers will have a chance to...
Most notable this year is a new Connect to Careers app that allows job seekers to favourite employers they want...
Bringing in top organizations from the Greater Hamilton Area, the Connect to Careers Job Fair will connect students and alumni...