Job Posting and Networking Sites
Get curious and use a variety of key word searches to explore job titles, qualifications and organizations. Just remember though that only a fraction of the jobs are actually advertised! So be sure to get curious and explore using LinkedIn profiles too.
Have you visited OSCARplus? We post job opportunities regularly.
- Ten Thousand Coffees – Meet with professionals from around the world to ask questions and get advice.
- Life Sciences Ontario Mentorship Program – Connect with experienced mentors in the life sciences sector.
- Canadian Society for International Health – Connect with global health professionals for an 8-month mentorship experience.
- MentorCity – Meet mentors and pay what you learn forward.
- The CPA Mentorship Program – Mentorship is part of the CPA process. Find out how to gain a mentor to achieve your practical requirements.
Don’t forget to visit our FYI page to access resources made by our careers and employment team.
Career Advising Appointment
Advisors can help with job search support, further education questions, career information, building experiences, and helping you find the right services and resources. You can schedule an advising appointment (30 min) on OSCARplus or meet with an advisor during drop-in clinics.
Drop-in clinics are offered Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 1:30 – 4:00 p.m. in Gilmour Hall 110. Meetings are 15 minutes and are available on a first-come basis.
Career Counselling Appointment
Career counselling helps you strategically define your career path and develop a career development plan. Use this appointment to examine your values, interests, and skills, and to develop self-directed career and education goals. To schedule an appointment, call our office at 905-525-9140 ext. 24254 or visit us in Gilmour Hall 110. Appointments are 50 minutes in length.
Career counselling is also available at our drop-in clinic on Wednesdays from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. These meetings are 20 minutes and available on a first-come basis.
Now What Appointment
Do you already have experience? Book a Now What Appointment to find out what you can do with your job shadow, career field, or summer job experiences.
- Craft how you share your experiences on your resume
- Create an action plan
- Apply what you’ve learned