Monday, August 26
We will share more details as events get confirmed. Check back throughout the summer!
- MacPass Pick-Up: 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m, CIBC Hall (McMaster University Student Centre, third floor)
- Student Services Carnival: Click for your allotted time
- McMaster Welcome: Click for your allotted time
- SSC Academics: Various times between 11:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. – 4:50 p.m., Burke Science Building (BSB) 147
- Conestoga Day (Nursing): 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., Conestoga College Room 2F28
- Class Of Photo: 3:00 p.m., Alumni Field
- Indigenous Students and Studies Orientation: 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., 1811 LR Wilson (LRW) Hall
- International Student Orientation: 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., LR Wilson (LRW) Hall B1007
- IRIS: 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m., MDCL 1305/1307
- Bowling (Engineering and Nursing): 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m., meet at John Hodgins Engineering (JHE) Building Lobby
- Outdoor Movie Night: Smoke Signals (Indigenous Students and Studies): 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m., LR Wilson (LRW) Hall 1811
- Monday Night Lights: 7:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m., MUSC Marketplace, The Grind and Mills Plaza (Rain Location: CIBC Hall)
The MacPass is your all-access pass to all Welcome Week activities. Stop by to pick up your MacPass bracelet and your one-of-a-kind Faculty t-shirt! Please note that shirt sizing and selection will take place on a first come, first served basis.
8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m
CIBC Hall (McMaster University Student Centre, third floor)
Big news — we’re bringing a McMaster favourite to Welcome Week! Students who attended last year rated this event 4.7/5! The Student Services Carnival will give you a chance to connect with on-campus partners before the school year begins. The event includes a BBQ and carnival treats!
Student services across campus will participate in this event, including the following:
- Athletics & Recreation
- Campus Store
- Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 3906
- Chaplaincy Centre
- Equity & Inclusion Office
- Hamilton Fire Department
- Indigenous Student Services
- International Student Services
- Mac’s Money Centre
- McMaster Exchange Program
- McMaster Hospitality
- McMaster Student Union
- McMaster Office for the Development of English Language Learners
- MSU Spark
- Office of Academic Integrity
- Office of the Registrar
- Pride Community Centre
- Res Life
- Security Services
- Student Accessibility Services
- Student Accounts
- Student Navigator Program
- Student Open Circles
- Student Success Centre
- Student Wellness Centre
- University Technology Services
10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Off-Campus Students, Edwards, Hedden, Mary Keyes, Matthews, McKay, Moulton, Wallingford, Whidden
12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m., Bates, Brandon, Les Prince, Peter George, Woodstock
Burke Science Building (BSB) Field. You will be brought to the carnival by Welcome Week reps, based on your allotted time.
Partnered with the Student Services Carnival is McMaster Welcome, a not-to-be-missed McMaster tradition. You will experience what it means to be a Marauder — shake hands with the University President and travel through the world’s longest rep tunnel! More information to come.
10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Bates, Brandon, Les Prince, Peter George, Woodstock
12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m., Off-Campus Students, Edwards, Hedden, Mary Keyes, Matthews, McKay, Moulton, Wallingford, Whidden
Sport Hall in David Braley Athletic Centre (DBAC). You will be brought to the carnival by Welcome Week reps, based on your allotted time.
Thriving as a Social Sciences, Humanities or Commerce student
- 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., Burke Science Building (BSB) 147
- 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m., Burke Science Building (BSB) 147
- 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m., Burke Science Building (BSB) 147
- 2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m., Burke Science Building (BSB) 147
Thriving as a Health Sciences, Nursing or Arts and Science student
- 4:00 p.m. – 4:50 p.m., Burke Science Building (BSB) 147
Conestoga Day (Nursing)
This event is specific to Conestoga site first-year nursing students. It is a fun day for students to acquaint themselves with other first-year nursing students, upper-year students, the Conestoga faculty and the Conestoga campus. Any questions you have about Conestoga, the student life and the CoMac stream can be answered on this day!
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Conestoga College Room 2F28
Indigenous Students and Studies Orientation
Indigenous students and those entering Indigenous studies are welcome to join Indigenous Student Counsellor, Brittany Vincze, and Indigenous Student Success Advisor, Jordan Carrier, for an orientation session to learn about student services, scholarships and financial support, pathways to mental health and wellness, and to explore the student space in LR Wilson Hall, which includes a full kitchen, library, smudging space and study area. Refreshments provided, students welcome to drop in at any time.
3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Indigenous Studies Program Office – LR Wilson Hall 1811
International Student Orientation
Learn about how to transition into life as an international student in Canada and get to know the programs and services that will be useful to you during your time at McMaster. The orientation will also give you an opportunity to meet members of the McMaster community, International Student Services staff, as well as fellow first-year international students and upper-year student buddies.
This event is mandatory for first-year international students. Confirm your attendance on OSCARplus.
4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
LR Wilson (LRW) Hall B1007
An acronym for “Inspiration, Reflection, Integrity, Success,” IRIS is McMaster’s theatrical arts production for first-year students. IRIS is a unique and interactive production that offers a glimpse of the issues, challenges and opportunities students may encounter throughout their time at McMaster. Come and experience an impactful performance created by upper-year students!
7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Bowling (Engineering and Nursing)
We will be heading off campus to a nearby bowling alley! Due to popular demand we will be holding two rounds of bowling at 7:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Meet up in front of the John Hodgins Engineering building where reps will join you to bus to University Lanes. Engineering reps, Nursing reps and students will have a blast getting to meet new people and having a great time bowling. The event costs $10 dollars total, and all proceeds will go Shinerama! Come support a great cause and meet some wonderful people!
7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Meet in front of John Hodgins Engineering (JHE) Building Lobby
Outdoor Movie Night: Smoke Signals
Wear your sweat pants and come to the Indigenous Studies Program Office to meet fellow students, enjoy homemade snacks and refreshments, and to watch the iconic film, “Smoke Signals.” All students are welcome.
7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Indigenous Studies Program Office – 1811 LR Wilson Hall
Monday Night Lights is the Welcome Week 2019 block party! Everyone is invited, reps and first-years alike! Come out and enjoy a night of events including:
- MSU Shinerama Charity Casino – MUSC Marketplace
- Karaoke – The Grind
- Rock Painting – Mills Plaza (Rain Location: TwelvEighty)
- What’s In Your Cup – MUSC Marketplace
- Board Games – MUSC Cafeteria
7:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.