Thursday, August 29
We will share more details as events get confirmed. Check back throughout the summer!
- MacPass Pick-Up: 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m., Gilmour Hall 110
- SSC Academics: Various times between 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m., click for locations and topics
- The Breakfast Club: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., TwelvEighty Bar & Grill (Kenneth Taylor Hall basement)
- Faculty Fest: 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m, Burke Science Building (BSB) Field
- Mature Student Lunch (Nursing): 12:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m., The Phoenix
- The “C” Word: Consent: 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m., LR Wilson (LRW) Concert Hall.
- Kin 101 Lecture (Kinesiology): 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m., L.R. Wilson (LRW) Hall B1007
- Baking & Board Games in ISP (Indigenous Students and Studies): 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m., LR Wilson Hall 1811
- Mac Factor: 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m., Burke Science Building (BSB) Field
- KinSci Westdale Movie Night: 6:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m., meet at Michael G. DeGroote Centre for Learning and Discovery (MDCL) lobby
- MacPass Concert: 7:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m., JHE Main Stage
- Karaoke and Movie Night (Engineering and Nursing): 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m., Chester New Hall (CNH) 104
- Movie Night in LR Wilson (ArtSci): 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m., LR Wilson Hall 3038
The MacPass is your all-access pass to all Welcome Week activities. Stop by to pick up your MacPass bracelet and your one-of-a-kind Faculty t-shirt! Please note that shirt sizing and selection will take place on a first come, first served basis.
Note: First-year students will need to show their MacPass bracelet to enter the concert.
12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Gilmour Hall 110
- Supports for Students with Disabilities, 12:00 p.m. – 12:50 p.m., Michael G. DeGroote Centre for Learning and Discovery (MDCL) 1110
- Reading Academic Articles and Textbooks, 12:00 p.m. – 12:50 p.m., LR Wilson (LRW) B1007
- Note-Taking in University, 1:00 p.m. – 1:50 p.m., LR Wilson (LRW) B1007
- How to Get Involved, 2:00 p.m. – 2:50 p.m., LR Wilson (LRW) B1007
- What I Wish I Knew in First-Year, 3:00 p.m. – 3:50 p.m., LR Wilson (LRW) B1007
- Kin 101 supported by SSC Academic Skills, 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m., LR Wilson (LRW) B1007
The Breakfast Club
Instead of hitting the gym, hit the dance floor! Start your day with one hour of pop-yoga, followed by two-hours of upbeat dancing. Keep yourself energized throughout the day and join us in a sober dance party and a full, free breakfast. Need a boost? Head to our smoothie bar! So set your alarms, wake-up and party!
9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m., Power Pop Yoga on the TwelvEighty Outdoor Patio
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Dance Party and Breakfast in TwelvEighty and the Grind
Mature Student Lunch (Nursing)
This is an opportunity for students who are in the RPN-BScN program, Accelerated program, or those entering university education at a later age to socialize and enjoy lunch on the patio of The Phoenix, a popular bar on-campus overlooking Cootes Paradise! It’s never too late to make friends and colleagues to help you get through the McMaster Nursing journey together!
12:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
The “C Word”: Consent
Join us in a welcoming conversation, open to all levels of experience in a discussion surrounding the topic of consent. Farrah Khan will be joining us to discuss the topics of consent and gender-based violence. This event is open to anyone, regardless of identity, gender expression, or knowledge level! Everyone is welcome to come and learn more!
1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
LR Wilson (LRW) Concert Hall
Baking & Board Games in ISP
Come visit the ISP space for a chill night of baking, board games, and crafting with your fellow IS&S students, staff, and faculty. Upper year students will be present to share advice about classes and programs, with a chance to get familiar with the friendly faces around ISP, and to meet the profs who will be teaching some of your classes. Take a photo at our IS&S photo frame for a chance to win swag! All students are welcome, and are encouraged to bring family and friends. Feel free to drop-in. Refreshments provided.
3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Indigenous Studies Program Office – 1811 LR Wilson Hall
Kin 101 Lecture (Kinesiology)
During this time there will be speakers from all the different parts of the Kinesiology program to talk about courses, volunteer opportunities, ways to get involved, and much more! It is an awesome way to get to know more about what makes Kinesiology at McMaster so great!
4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
L.R. Wilson (LRW) Hall B1007
Do you have a talent for performing or music? Grab your new friends and perform for other students at MacFactor! Join a team with your residence or off-campus group and get ready to shine! We have some bracelets you can make and some free stuff, because who doesn’t like free stuff? All first-year students living in residence, off-campus or commuting are welcome to attend!
5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
KinSci Westdale Movie Night
As a parallel programming to the Mac Concert, we will be hosting a movie night at the landmark Westdale Theatre, where we will be screening Clueless! We will be meeting in MDCL and heading over to the Westdale theatre together!
6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Westdale Theatre, meet at Michael G. DeGroote Centre for Learning and Discovery (MDCL)
MSU Campus Events is pleased to bring Bryce Vine with special guest DUCKWRTH to McMaster for your MacPass Concert!
This concert is only open to McMaster University undergraduates. Students must present either their MacPass wristband OR an upper year ticket, as well as a valid McMaster undergraduate student card at the gates.
Visit the MSU Campus Events Facebook page for artist announcements coming soon!
7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
JHE Main Stage
Karaoke and Movie Night (Engineering and Nursing)
Not sure what to do on Thursday night? This event has a bit of everything! Enjoy popcorn and a movie in a lecture hall or step outside to belt your lungs out at some karaoke! Not to mention, meeting new students from the Nursing and Engineering Faculties.
7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Chester New Hall (CNH) 104
Movie Night in LR Wilson (ArtSci)
Arts & Science Studios presents: Pajama Party in LRW! Enjoy a low-key night and unwind by joining ArtScis for a movie night! Indulge in some movie theatre snacks after a fun-filled day! The movie will be voted on the night-of to ensure it’s a fan fav. Don’t forget to wear your PJs!
7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
LR Wilson Hall 3038