Are you planning to attend the Online Further Education Fair this year (October 21, 22)? Here’s a sneak peek at some of the advice the school reps have to offer. With a bit of guidance, you can build a compelling application that sets you apart from other candidates.
Choose an opportunity that works for you.
- “Choose the graduate program you love!”
- “[Search] for a program that offers work-integrated learning (co-op, placements, practicums).”
- “Research programs thoroughly to ensure it will be the right fit for you!”
- “When [searching for] medical schools abroad, research the accreditations, curriculum and partnerships.”
Do your research.
- “Do your research on the schools before attending [the fair], and have great questions ready!”
- “Gather as much information as you can about the program you are applying for.”
- “Know the required documents for the programs you are applying to.”
Include references who will back you up.
- “Solid academic references are key to any grad school application.”
Make it personal.
- “Be yourself! Don’t try to tell programs what you think they want to hear, be honest and authentic about who you are and your personal story.”
- “Apply early for scholarship consideration.”
- “Apply now! Some programs are extremely competitive. Applying early will give you a head start.”
- “January, May and September 2021 applications are available now!”
- “Apply early and stay in touch!”
Have you registered for the fair?
Get more advice and meet the reps on October 21 and 22 — more than 70 schools and programs will be there! Drop in on either day between 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.