It’s that time of year again. Exams begin December 7 and run until December 20 when the fall term will officially come to an end.
“The important thing for students to remember with exams is that the best strategy is to prepare for them in advance,” says President Patrick Deane. “By this I mean not just studying but also thinking about how you keep yourself in peak health and a good mental state.”
Until term ends, there are lots of helpful campus resources to support students. Here’s what’s going on:
Student Success Centre
- Hot chocolate pop-up in Mills 11-1 on Wed., Dec. 5
- Holiday Exam Craft De-Stressor in MUSC Marketplace 12:30-3:30 p.m. on Thurs., Dec. 6
McMaster Students Union
- Maccess exam self-care packages in MUSC B111 Thurs., Dec. 6 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- SHEC and Maroons delivery of exam care packages. Follow MSU SHEC and MSU Maroons on Facebook for up-to-date information about the campaign. Volunteers will be delivering the packages to libraries across campus on Dec. 11, 12, and 13 from 3:30-5 p.m.
- The Pride Community Centre is hosting a non-denominational Winter Holiday Shebang on Dec. 5 in MUSC 214 from 12:30-4:30 p.m.. This is a drop-in event where LGBTQ2SI+ and questioning people, as well as their friends, are welcome to drop by and decorate cookies or have a hot chocolate
Athletics and Recreation
- Pulse open for regular hours until December 16:
- Monday-Friday: 6 a.m.-12:30 a.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 8:30 a.m.-10:30 p.m.
- Pulse exam hours Dec. 17-23
- Monday-Friday: 6 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m..
- Mindfulness Centre is open to students for meditating, breathing or stretching. In this space there are free exam stress relief yoga and meditation classes being offered. The 55-minute classes are open and free only to McMaster students, DBAC members, non-member staff and faculty. They are drop-in and no registration is required, however space is limited. The schedule for Yoga – Exam stress relief is here.
Student Wellness Centre
- Stop by the Student Wellness Centre (MUSC B118) each weekday of exams for breakfast starting at 9:30 a.m.. While quantities last!
The McMaster libraries have countless resources to help students at any time of year, but during exam period Mills, Innis and Thode Libraries have lots of services that can help make this time a bit easier.
Classes begin on January 7, 2019.