It’s the end of another academic year. Classes wrap up on April 9 and exams run from April 11 until April 29.
“Preparing sensibly for exams is really important,” says President Patrick Deane in his latest monthly video.
Equally important, he says, is that students be mindful of all the supports that are there for them. Instructors, teaching assistants, the Student Wellness Centre, the Student Success Centre and the MSU are all resources available to help students succeed.
- Free yoga: Athletics and Recreation is offering free yoga for students starting April 14 to 25.
- Free 30-minute spin classes through the day on April 11. No registration required.
- #ExamCoffeeNeeded: The Student Success Centre will be bringing back their exam coffee campaign. Follow them on Instagram to find out where they’ll be popping up.
- The Hungry Games, April 9: An interactive culinary showdown where some of McMaster’s top chefs will demonstrate their skills and students will learn about foods to boost brain power. A partnership between the Student Success Centre and Hospitality Services.
- Academics Study Session, April 10: Free hot breakfast in TwelvEighty presented by the Student Success Centre. Registration is required.
- Brown Bag Breakfast: Stop by the SWELL (MUSC B118) each weekday of exams for breakfast starting at 9:30 a.m. While quantities last!
- Exam Wellness Challenge: Follow @McMasterSWC and respond to the daily posts every day of exams to be entered in a draw for a chance to win a $10 gift certificate each day.
- Stress Less workshop: Wellness Centre will help students distinguish between stress, anxiety, and fear, identify stressors, explore impact of stress on the body, share strategies for stress relief, practice body awareness and mindfulness. Every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.