Online Community Engagement and Volunteer Fair (September 15)
Discover rewarding opportunities to get involved and gain experience
September 15, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. (drop-in)
Volunteering and community engagement are great ways to try out new things, gain experience and support your professional development. Join us at the Online Community Engagement and Volunteer Fair, where you can connect directly with volunteer organizations on our online fair platform, Brazen.
How do you want to get involved?
Volunteering and community engagement can take many forms. At the Online Community Engagement and Volunteer Fair, you’ll get to explore your options so you can decide on an experience that works for you.
Here’s how it will work:
- Drop in to the fair any time between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on September 15.
- Participate in one-on-one text, audio or video chats with organization representatives.
- Share your interests and experience to help you find an organization and opportunity that fits.
- Ask all your questions about volunteering and community engagement.
Check out our Mac Makes a Difference video series to learn from your peers’ volunteering experiences and get inspired to make an impact in your community.
Getting prepared for the fair
- Aliptera Inc. (Personal Flight)
- Autism Ontario
- Certified Listeners
- Community Volunteer Circles (CVC)
- Experiential Programming & Outreach Coordinator (Student Success Centre)
- Empowerment Squared
- Friends of the Aviary
- Frontier College
- Fundación Para La Tierra
- Halton Family for Families
- Hamilton and District Extend-a-Family
- Hamilton Literacy Council
- Hamilton Police Services (Victim Services Branch)
- Helping Hands
- L’Arche Hamilton
- Learning Disabilities Association of Halton-Hamilton (Reading Rocks!)
- Let’s Talk Science at McMaster
- March of Dimes Canada
- St. Peters Residence at Chedoke
- The Career Foundation
- The Children’s International Learning Centre
- The Forge – McMaster University
- The Salvation Army
- The Silhouette
- Wesley Urban Ministries
Do you have questions about volunteering, experience building, virtual fairs and more? Check out these tip sheets to help you get prepared for the fair.
Check out these student journeys to learn more about the possibilities of volunteering.
Putting yourself out there is tough — especially in a Zoom call. However, Neil finds that vulnerable moments can lead...
The Online Volunteer and Part-Time Job Fair is happening next week (November 10). Are you feeling ready? (It's okay if...
McMaster Global 2020 explores how higher education can address the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals
What role can universities play in advancing the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)? That’s the question that McMaster Global...
Are you planning for grad school, medical school, law school or another further education program type? If so, you might...
With the pandemic changing the traditional pathways to work and school — including application processes — a lot of students...