NEWS AND EVENTS
The Student Success Centre has done an excellent job in alumni engagement and event-based programming with its in-person [pre-COVID-19] and...
To all the members at McMaster’s Student Success Centre, I sincerely thank you for your workshops, community events, one-on-one appointments...
My program assistant position at the Student Success Centre (SSC) is my first job, and I could not have asked...
Our Access Strategy includes:
- Hosting community information sessions to provide information to high school students and families about Access Program opportunities, university entrance requirements, application/transition resources and supports at McMaster
- Providing elementary and high school students with opportunities to participate in and experience university activities that will have them feeling like post-secondary education is attainable
- Introductions to the Student Success Centre and Registrar’s Office
- Financial Assistance through OSAP, bursaries, scholarships, and more
Who qualifies for the Access Strategy?
Any student from an equity deserving group who is also affiliated with any of our community partnerships.
Equity deserving groups often include:
- Students with parents who did not attend, or complete, post-secondary studies (first-generation university students)
- Indigenous students
- Students with disabilities
- Certain racialized minority students (especially youth with Afro-Canadian and Latin American backgrounds)
- Students from low-income families and neighbourhoods
- Adult learners who are new to post-secondary education,
- Students from rural communities
- Women (in some faculties)
- Students who wouldn’t attend post-secondary without additional programs or supports
- Pathways to Education
- Empowerment Sqaured
- Hamilton Wentworth Catholic District School Board
- Hamilton Wentworth District School Board
- Hamilton Community Foundation – ABACUS
Youth in extended society care tuition bursary
We know how challenging funding your education can be. If you grew up in the care of the Children’s Aid Society, you may be eligible for bursary support towards your tuition at McMaster University. We want to help you achieve your academic goals and support you during your time at McMaster.
The Registrar’s Office has more information on eligibility, the application process and where to go for more details.