Get funding for your exchange. Reflect on your experience. Give back to the McMaster Exchange Program. These are just some reasons to apply for an Exchange Ambassador Award.
How it works
Exchange Ambassador Awards provide $1,000 to eligible undergraduate students participating full time in a semester- or year-long exchange. At least 60 awards are given out each year. Preference is given to outbound applicants who reflect the diversity of McMaster’s exchange destinations, academic departments and student community.
As an exchange ambassador, you must agree to participate in the Exchange Buddy Program, the annual Student Exchange Fair and an additional activity of your choice.
- Exchange Buddy Program: As an award recipient, you must participate in the Exchange Buddy Program as a mentor for future exchange participants. This is a great way to reflect on your experiences while supporting your peers and their global goals.
- Student Exchange Fair: To be eligible for an Exchange Ambassador Award, you must also agree to participate in the annual Student Exchange Fair. You will need to provide support at both the McMaster booth and the booth for your host institution.
- Activity: Lastly, you must participate in one of the following activities:
- Provide support through exchange peer advising.
- Host a university information session/webinar.
- Write about your journey in a Stories From Abroad blog post.