McMaster University Student Centre (MUSC) Atrium
Your education journey doesn’t have to stop after your undergrad
Explore your further education options by attending the Graduate and Professional Schools fair, where you can discover all the programs that are available to you. We’re excited to host the fair in person this year, so you can connect face to face with school reps, pick up brochures, expand your network and more.
Even if you haven’t made the final decision to continue your education after your undergrad, we still recommend attending the fair to explore your options and find out what’s available to you. Remember, you education and career paths are what you make of them.
McMaster Graduate Schools Fair
October 17 and 18, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. ET (McMaster University Student Centre (MUSC) Atrium)
Discover McMaster Graduate Studies programs that are available for further education.
- Explore a range of further education options, from graduate, medical and professional schools to postgraduate certificate programs.
- Ask school reps questions about applications and admissions.
- Connect with SSC career counsellors and staff who can help guide you through the process.
How it works?
- The fair is taking place in the McMaster University Student Centre (MUSC) Atrium.
- Review participating organizations and register in advance
- Drop in at any time during the event to browse booths. Learn about different programs, chat with school reps and ask questions to help improve your application.
- Remember to collect brochures, contact information and additional details from the schools and programs that interest you. This way, you’ll be prepared when it comes time to apply.
- Tip: Don’t worry if you’re feeling nervous or intimidated. The school reps are excited about the potential of you joining their programs, so they’re eager to meet you! Plus, meeting them in person is the best way to learn what makes a great application.
ADLER Graduate Professional School – Doctor of Clinical Psychology, Master of Psychology
Asper School of Business, University of Manitoba – Master of Supply Chain Management and Logistics, Master of Finance
Brock University – Faculty of Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs – Brock University: Faculty of Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs
CAO Canadian Academy of Osteopathy – M.OMSc Type 1 Principles-based Osteopathic Manual Practitioner
Centennial College – College Graduate Certificates
Conestoga College – Graduate Certificates
D’Youville University – Anatomy (MS), MBA (online/on-campus), Family Nurse Practitioner (MS, Adv. Cert., DNP), Nursing Education with Clinical Focus (MS), Nursing Management and Quality Leadership (MS), Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (MS, Adv. Cert., DNP), Dramatic
Humber College – All Programs
KOM consultants – Study in Australia, UK, and Ireland – Law, Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Teacher Training
McMaster Divinity College – Master of Divinity (MDiv), Master of Theological Studies (MTS), Master of Arts (MA), Master of Arts and PhD Accelerated (MA-PhD), Graduate Certificate, Doctor of Practical Theology (DPT), Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
McMaster University – MSc eHealth
McMaster University – Master of Psychotherapy
McMaster University School of Graduate Studies – All McMaster graduate programs
Polytechnique Montréal – Research-based Master’s and Doctorates in Engineering
Queen’s, Faculty of Law – Juris Doctor (JD)
University of Toronto: Rotman School of Management
Management – Master of Management Analytics, Master of Financial Risk Management, Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting
Saba University School of Medicine – Medical and Veterinary Programs (MD, DVM)
Sheridan – Graduate Certificates
St. George’s University School of Medicine – Doctor of Medicine
Study in UK – All UK Programs
Temerty Faculty of Medicine – Graduate Degrees in the Temerty Faculty of Medicine
Temerty Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto – Rehabilitation Sciences Institute (RSI)
The Michener Institute of Education at UHN – Applied Health Sciences
Toronto Metropolitan University – Yeates School of Graduate Studies
Trent University – Bachelor of Education
Trent University – School of Graduate Studies
Trent University – Trent/Fleming School of Nursing
University of Medicine and Health Sciences – MD Program
University of Toronto – Master of Science in Biomedical Communications
University of Toronto – Department of Molecular Genetics
University of Toronto – Master of Urban Innovation
University of Toronto: Institute of Medical Science – Medical Science, Master’s, PhD, Summer Undergraduate Research Program
University of Toronto: MScSM – Master of Science in Sustainability Management
University of Toronto Mississauga – MMI Master of Management of Innovation
University of Toronto Mississauga – Master of Biotechnology
University of Toronto, Faculty of Information – Master of Information, Master of Museum Studies, PhD in Information
University of Toronto, Munk School of Global Affairs & Public Policy – Master of Global Affairs & Master of Public Policy
Western University – JD
Western University: Faculty of Education – Bachelor of Education; Graduate Education Programs, IB Certificate, Additional Qualifications
Western University: Ivey Business School – MSc in Management
Wilfrid Laurier University – Lazaridis School of Business & Economics
Windsor University School of Medicine – Medicine
Across the Pond – Study in the UK
Bloomberg Nursing, University of Toronto – Bloomberg Nursing, University of Toronto
Canadian College of Traditional Chinese Medicine – Diploma of Acupuncture, Diploma of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Dalhousie University Faculty of Management – Master of Business Administration, Master of Science in Business, Master of Public Administration, Master of Information
University of British Columbia: Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Graduation and Postdoctoral Studies – MSc and PhD Programs
George Brown College – Postgraduate Studies
Graduate Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Toronto – Pharmaceutical Sciences Graduate Program
Huron University Faculty of Theology – Master of Arts (Theology), Master of Theological Studies (MTS), Master of Divinity (MDiv)
Institute of International Education
Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences – Doctor of Optometry, Doctor of Pharmacy, Physician Assistant Studies, Doctor of Physical Therapy, MS in Occupational Therapy, etc.
McGill University – Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (GPS) office – Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (GPS)
McMaster University – Master of Public Policy
McMaster University – DeGroote School of Business, MBA programs – MBA with Co-op and Accelerated MBA
McMaster University Continuing Education – Certificate, Diploma and Professional Development Programs
McMaster University DeGroote School of Business – Master of Finance
McMaster University School of Graduate Studies – All McMaster Graduate Programs
MEDICAL EDUCATION PROGRAMS in Canada, USA, UK, Australia, Caribbean STAR MED – Medical Education Programs in Canada, USA, UK, Australia, Caribbean STAR MED
Ontario College of Traditional Chinese Medicine – Diploma of Acupuncture & Diploma of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE), University of Toronto – Ontario Institute for Studies in Education
Osgoode Hall Law School – Law School
Oxford College of Arts, Business and Technology – Massage Therapy/Primary Care Paramedic
Queen’s University Faculty of Arts and Science – Graduate Studies
Toronto Metropolitan University – Lincoln Alexander School of Law
Tyndale University – Bachelor of Education
University of Toronto: Department of Physiology – MSc, PhD, MHSc in Medical Physiology
University at Buffalo School of Law – School of Law
University of New Brunswick – Graduate Studies
University of Ottawa, Faculty of Education – Faculty of Education, Undergraduate and Graduate Studies
University of Toronto – MMPA Master of Management & Professional Accounting
University of Toronto – Department of Medical Biophysics – Medical Biophysics
University of Toronto – John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design – Master of Architecture (MArch), Master of Landscape Architecture (MLA), Master of Urban Design (MUD), Master of Visual Studies (MVS), Master of Forest Conservation (MFC)
University of Toronto Scarborough – Master of Accounting and Finance
University of Toronto Scarborough – Department of Physical & Environmental Science – Graduate Programs in Environmental Science
University of Toronto, Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy – PharmD (Doctor of Pharmacy)
University of Windsor – B.Ed. and Graduate Programs
Western University – Master of Data Analytics
Western University – Master of Management of Applied Science
Western University – Professional Master of Environment and Sustainability
Western University – Faculty of Engineering: Graduate Studies
Western University – Schulich Medicine & Dentistry – Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies
Wilfrid Laurier University, Faculty of Social Work – Master of Social Work
Not sure what to ask a representative? Here are some ideas:
- What do you wish more students would know about your program or the application process?
- Can I follow up with you if I have more questions? What is the best way to reach you?
- Are there any information sessions I should be aware of?
- What advice can you give to students who are concerned with their GPA?
- Besides my GPA, what else can I do to prepare a strong application?
- Sometimes students experience a term of low marks for various reasons. Is there an area on your application that provides a space to explain extraordinary circumstances?
- How do I make up prerequisites?
- How do you calculate the GPA? Is there a minimum GPA versus the reality of those accepted?
- Will the spring/summer course grades be counted towards last year grades?
- When I drop a course and/or withdrawn and/or cancelled, how is this considered?
- What are some tips you have on selecting references?
- At what stage do references become part of the selection process? How important is a strong reference?
- What if I don’t have an academic reference?
- Does my academic reference need to be from a subject area that aligns with my grad application?
- How is my extracurricular and volunteer experiences taken into account in my application?
- Do you accept applications after the deadline?
- Do you have any access strategies that students might want to know?
- What are your diversity recruitment streams? Can you share the advantages (or disadvantages) of applying through a particular stream?
- Do you have particular resources (ex. webinars, peer conversations) to assist me with my application process?
- For professional programs abroad, what are some advice you’d give to students who want to return to Canada? What due diligence should be done?
- What is the employment outlook for this program?
- What kinds of careers do your grads end up doing?
- Are there career services available?
- What’s a program that you wish more students knew about?
- What are some of your most popular programs?
- How is the program structured (classes, projects, research etc.?)
- What is unique about the way the program is run compared to other schools?
- Does your program meet the requirements of the regulary body (for regulated professional programs.)?
- Is there an opportunity for co-ops, placements, or internships as part of this program? What supports are offered?
- What are the benefits of doing a graduate certificate versus a graduate degree?
- Do you have multiple start dates for program(s)?
Are you unsure about your options or suitability for career paths?
Are you unsure if further education is for you? Or maybe you want to chat with someone who can help you develop a plan to explore your options. Either way, our further education experts can help. Book an appointment on OSCARplus > Student Success Centre > Appointments > Careers.
Have just a few quick questions?
Our career drop-ins can provide answers to most simple further education questions. Drop-in chats: Tuesday and Thursday, 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET, online or in person (Gilmour Hall 110).
Where did I start? Figuring out what career you want to pursue is difficult, especially when you probably do not...
1. Crafting an Impressive LinkedIn Profile To maximize the effectiveness of LinkedIn, the first step is to create an engaging...
Top reasons to attend Fall Career Fair as a graduate student Fall Career Fair is the largest recruitment event hosted...